SSURF 2020 Annual Meeting Sessions and Agenda Info - click here
The Society for Science at User Research Facilities Annual Meeting was on November 9 & 10, 2020. Our community gathered online to discuss challenges, opportunities, and recent developments within the User Facility system.
The event was packed with topics of interest to help nurture and connect our network of brilliant scientists, technologists and researchers, as well as thousands of incredible professionals partnering with our nation's federal research facilities.
Sample of Agenda Topics:
- Creating and Maintaining an Inclusive Work Force at User Research Facilities
- COVID-19 Impacts Across User Research Facilities: Best Practices Panel
- Diversity in Scientific Research - Panel Discussion
- New SSURF Website Launch
- Data Management Panel Discussion
- User Success Stories
- Spotlight on our "Host" - the National Science Foundation's National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory at Michigan State University
- NSF & DOE Updates
- New Board Member Spotlights
- COVID-19 Research at Member Facilities
SSURF Annual Meeting 2019
November 12-13, 2019
Location: The American Institute of Physics, College Park, Maryland
This year’s discussion topics include resolving administrative pain points for user facilities (heavily requested in the 2018 Annual Meeting questionnaire); broadening the user base: SSURF outreach strategies; SSURF strategic and organizational planning.
Stay tuned for announcements with further information on logistics and complete Meeting agenda.
[ REGISTER HERE ]
MRS User Facility Row
December 1-6, 2019
Location: Hynes Convention Center, Boston, Massachusetts
The Materials Research Society, in partnership with the Society for Science at User Research Facilities (SSURF), is sponsoring a User Facility Row at the 2019 MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit, December 1-6, 2019, Boston, Massachusetts. Located in the Exhibit Hall, the dedicated User Facility Row will highlight the wide variety of user access models and capability offerings available to the research community. In addition to the many user facility booths, the following events are taking place.
- SSURF will be sponsoring afternoon refreshments 2:30-3:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 3, 2019, at the Hynes, Level 2, Exhibit Hall C, Booth 1105.
- How to Develop an Effective Proposal for User Facilities-Workshop, Tuesday, December 3, 2019, at the Sheraton, 5th Floor, The Fens.
- User Facility Flash Talks, Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Hynes, Level 2, The Hub Stage-Hall D.
Follow this link for talks presented by staff and users at U.S. User Facilities: MRS Talks